The majority of our holidays include car hire. If your holiday includes a transfer and you wish to hire a car or would like to upgrade from one group to another, prices are shown in the table below. With offices at all airports and in larger towns, our car hire partner offers a good level of customer service to guests with dedicated pick up points for Corsican Places guests.
Car hire on the island is in great demand, especially in July and August, and not all car hire grades will be available in the busier periods, therefore it is advisable to book as early as you can.
Our prices include unlimited mileage, two named drivers per car, pick up and drop off from different offices at no extra charge (minimum 7 days hire). All our hire car prices, including those forming part of the package price incorporate Super Collision Damage Waiver (excluding underside of car, refer below to see exactly what our Super CDW includes) and Super Theft Protection Cover, which covers the excess normally levied by other tour operators and hire car companies in Corsica.
Booster seats and baby seats (front facing from 9 months) can be reserved at the time of booking at a supplement of £39 per booster seat and £78 per baby seat - however, we recommend you take your own booster/baby seats, which can be carried free of charge on many flights. For babies requiring a rear facing seat, these cannot be provided by the car hire company and must be taken by yourself.
Drivers must be at least 21 years old and have held a full licence for at least 1 year. If you have a photocard driving licence you will no longer be asked for the paper counterpart but will need to consent to your records being accessed as required. The paper counterpart to the UK driver’s licence was abolished from June 2015. Customers no longer need to present this when collecting your hire car. Neither do you need to generate a code from the DVLA website, simply present your photocard driving licence and a valid credit card for each named driver.
Please note a credit card swipe will be required to collect your hire car.
To upgrade from the car type included in your holiday, calculate the difference between the car you require and the type included in your holiday. Please note that car hire models within a grade are as an indication and particular makes and models can not be guaranteed.
Car Hire Pricing
* Price in £ based on 1 week. High season dates 18th July - 16th August. All other dates are low season.
To upgrade from the car type included in your holiday, calculate the difference between the car you require and the type included in your holiday. Please note that car hire models within a grade are as an indication and particular makes and models cannot be requested or guaranteed.
Our Super CDW sets us aside from the competitors because your car hire rental is completely stress free. The Super CDW with AVIS includes:
• All accidental damage: wing mirrors, headlights, bumpers, scratches, dents, bodywork, windscreen (unless callout required)
• Roadside assistance is provided in the event of a mechanical fault
• Theft of the vehicle is covered (Excluding any valuables left in the car).
What’s not included?
The SCDW policy does not cover negligence by the customer in the following clear uninsurable areas, wherein the cost of making it right will be billed to the customer. The cost to the customer of these issues will vary according to vehicle and circumstance.
• Misfuel, Wet/damaged key, Flat battery (other than mechanical fault), Punctures (if the customer doesn’t wish to change the wheel, a set 290€ callout, alternatively they can change the wheel, return the car to the nearest station and collect a replacement FOC), Damage to roof / underside (ie check height and surface before you proceed), Damage caused by breaking the highway code.
Outside of the SCDW policy Avis will take a credit card swipe to cover against:
• Fines (42€ admin fee to deliver info on speeding and parking infractions to the police, cost of fine in addition)
• Low fuel on return
• Dirty interior requiring deeper valet (36€-120€).
Book or upgrade your car hire
Contact one of our representatives for further information:
Although car hire is the recommended way to see the island, we can arrange transfers to a selection of accommodations that are are conveniently located with a choice of amenities including restaurants, shops and beaches within walking distance. Our transfers are run in comfortable and air-conditioned taxi, minibus or coach depending on the number of guests.