Katie and Chris' honeymoon in Corsica
Blog > Katie and Chris' honeymoon in Corsica
Over the summer, Katie, our Goa product manager, enjoyed a honeymoon in Corsica with her new husband Chris. Here’s some highlights from their trip...
Chris and I chose Corsica for our honeymoon as we knew that the sun would be shining, it wouldn’t be too crowded with tourists (in June) and we wanted to head somewhere not too far away, where we could totally relax after quite a few months of wedding planning.
We chose to stay at Casa di L’Olivu, which is in Corsica’s L'Extrême Sud region, just north of Figari. A traditional, quaint house with exposed beams and a fabulous outdoor summer kitchen, as soon as we arrived we fell in love. We also had a private pool and gardens which were surrounded by olive groves, and we instantly felt relaxed and ready to start our holiday. It was the perfect private setting for our honeymoon – definitely a great place to relax after the wedding chaos!
Throughout the holiday, we had lots of mini adventures and plenty of time to chill by the pool and make the most of the Mediterranean sunshine, but here are our top five activities which we highly recommend anyone visiting Corsica to try!
1. Paddling in the crystal-clear waters of the Santa Giulia bay – often referred to as one of Corsica’s best beaches.
2. Taking a ferry to the unspoilt Lavezzi Islands – we discovered idyllic bays and a glorious sunset.
3. Enjoying a romantic dinner by the Bonifacio marina.
4. Driving inland to L’Ospédale forest and enjoying a picnic by the Lac de l’Ospédale.
5. Stand up paddle boarding on Pinarello bay.
We both couldn’t recommend a holiday to Corsica more, whether it’s for a special occasion or just for a well-deserved holiday – you won’t be disappointed!
If you’re tempted to find out more about a summer 2018 holiday to Corsica, check out our early booking offers, or find some inspiration via our Holiday Ideas page.
Beach hopping in the South of Corsica Read more