Corsica is a very low-stress destination, being only a short distance from the UK, compact in size and an island where things happen at a much slower pace; and while it isn't known for its kids clubs and wild nightlife (part of the reason we love it so much!) there is plenty for everyone to do, for all ages and aptitudes. Plus it's always worth remembering that Corsican life is very inclusive and children are welcome at most, if not all, cafes and restaurants. Below are just some of the reasons we think Corsica is the perfect destination for a family holiday.
Corsica for young families
- Short flight time from the UK and easy car rental pick ups at the airports.
- Short transfer times to the properties.
- Fine Mediterranean temperature - but not too hot!
- Properties designed with families in mind - including annexes on some properties.
- Very good pool security at villas, houses and residences - unless otherwise stated.
- Gently shelving beaches, fine sand and beautifully clear water.
- Culture and food is very accessible and children welcome everywhere.
Corsica for families with older children
Including all of the above, Corsica is also great for older children thanks to:
- LOTS of activities! From canyoning, rock climbing, hiking, mountain biking, horse riding.
- Not to mention watersports including diving, kite surfing, water skiing and more.
- Towns and cities to visit with plenty of historical interest.
- Prehistoric sites to discover across the island - some of which are remote and provide a real challenge to get to..
- Boat trips to offshore islands and even Sardinia.
Discover our wide range of family-friendly accommodation in Corsica
See our family offers page
Our Top Ten family days out in Corsica
Although hotels in Corsica always welcome children, the majority of families opt for self-catering due to greater space and flexibility. Private villas offer plenty of space for the family to relax, a real home from home; whilst résidences provide the opportunity to meet other families around the pool area. Please note, some hotels will charge for a cot or extra bed sharing a parent's room. Babysitting and listening services in hotels is surprisingly rare. Should you have any specific requirements please call our reservation team for details on 0845 330 2059 or email reservations.
If you choose to eat out, well priced set menus can be found at most restaurants where children are very positively welcomed. Corsicans love children, and while eating out isn't cheap, a good children's menu is no more expensive than in the UK, with restaurants serving from 7pm. Familiar favourites such as Spaghetti Bolognaise, Pizza, Steak Haché (Burger Steak) are all frequently on children's menus in Corsica. We can guide you to what is available in which local areas to help you make the most of your family holiday, whatever the age of your children.
If you want to just relax on your holiday, we can sometimes arrange a baby sitter at your property whilst out in resort, just speak to your representative at the start of your holiday.
For a quote make your choice of hotels and preferred travel dates and contact our reservations team on 0845 330 2059